Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Caught in the Downpour

And quite seriously I was caught in this. i only had to get from the car to the front door but because it was such a beautiful warm sunny day I had on sandals. So running to the door was more like having little bowls on my feet that trapped that water and made it a very slippery run!

So after the intense downpour had essentially ended Korey got home to tell us that Calgary has a tornado warning. First, I thought those beautiful Rocky Mountains would protect us and really? A tornado warning? The tornado didn't come but the fear of it lived on through to Ethan's bedtime. A I get it. When I was 6 I took those statements to heart. Oh and on top of worrying about get whisked up in a tornado, he also was concerned about the flooding (in the south - not here- but it's all the same) and that he didn't have a life jacket. I mean, this is big stuff.

Okay, I just zipped away from my post to check the weather and it's going to be sunny in the morning (yay) and thundershowers in the afternoon. However, I promise a better picture tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a look at my blog! You can leave a comment without having a blog yourself. Just choose "anonymous" (and leave your name after your comment so I know who you are!) or simply leave your name.